Saturday, May 31, 2008

El Rodeo Mexican Restaurant - Kris

724 Loucks Rd, York, PA 17404, (717) 845-1341

My Dearest El Rodeo,
We’ve recently celebrated our 10 year anniversary together. These past 10 years have been everything I’ve ever been looking for in a relationship. It almost seemed like fate that brought us together. I had recently started a new job and my co-worker had suggested we go to lunch. I think she knew we’d be perfect for each other. We walked through your doors and it was as though I was transported back to your motherland. My first taste of your homemade tortillas and unnaturally sublime salsa...my heart sank into my stomach, literally. My co-worker suggested the number 2 with chicken and I followed her lead. Our food came out in what seemed to be 5 minutes flat. All conversation came to a halt as soon as I laid eyes on your breathtaking meal. I started tearing into the dish right away. The hand pulled chicken in a soft shell taco, topped with a red sauce that I have no words to describe, the creamiest melted cheese that shouldn't even be legal...my god I'm in love. It took all of 30 seconds for me to eat the number 2 and down the side of rice and beans. My co-worker took one look at my cleaned plate and just said "WOW and I thought I ate fast". She said and I quote “I knew that’s the day I had met my match”. Ever since that first experience I’ve been yours. You had me from hola. I am looking forward to spending a lifetime of eating with you. You’ve raised the bar when it comes to Mexican cuisine and no one will ever compare. I sincerely thank you.

This post is dedicated to Kim. I couldn't have found it without you.

No comments:

Flushed Out - The Ladies Guide to the "Ladies"

As far as "planning" goes, I may be one of the most anal when it comes to details. Thus, I choose to provide every woman a service that's long past due. I give you "Flushed Out" the guide to every potty that I encounter in said establishment. Your guide to just how secure to make that ass gasket.. and how high to hover.

Jethro's Upstairs Potty

Jethro's Upstairs Potty
4 out of 5 flushes