Monday, April 28, 2008

Jethro's Restaurant - Kris


As I walk up the step's of the corner restaurant Jethro's, located at 659 1st St, Lancaster, PA, it reminds me of the kind of place that is an undiscovered treasure known only by local foodies. Joined with fellow food sluts including my counterpart of Nice Pear, we enter the front doors of this quaint establishment. My first impression upon entering Jethro's is the overwhelming feeling of relaxation. Soft, warm and flattering lighting, which is always preferred when dealing with a mild case of adult acne. An unpretentious, low key atmosphere with an air of style. I am now ready to sit back and enjoy the evening's feast.

Round 1: The Appetizers
Looking over the wonderfully innovative menu, we all agreed the best way to approach this meal was to order two appetizers to really get a feel for the cuisine. The shining star for me was the calamari. Typically fried, at Jethro's restaurant the succulent squid is sauteed in a garlic and butter sauce. My counterpart dipped a piece of bread into the dish and advised that I do the same. I decided then that this could have been my entire meal.

Round 2: The Main Course
It was a hard decision to make, especially with the daily menu board beckoning me to try one of it's offerings. I decided on the pork loin in a thyme sauce accompanied by garlic mashed potatoes. When my dish arrived I knew by the mouth watering aroma I had decided wisely. The pork was cooked to perfection and the sauce was a perfect pairing. It brought out the flavor of the pork without being overpowering. When eaten with a bite of the mashed spuds, I literally had a threesome going on in my mouth. It was my first Nice Pear foodgasm. It is a moment I will never forget.

Round 3: The Desserts
We started this wonderful food experience with two selections, so it is fitting that we also end with two. The desserts chosen were a fudge brownie with a hint of orange flavoring and a cappuccino cheesecake. With beautifully presented desserts, it is obvious that the chefs at Jethro's know that people eat with their eyes first. The brownie with a hint of orange was decadent and when eaten with a bite of the cappuccino cheesecake, it was the perfect blend of flavors for this Nice Pear palette.

Jethro's Restaurant in Lancaster PA: 4 out of 5 Pears

No comments:

Flushed Out - The Ladies Guide to the "Ladies"

As far as "planning" goes, I may be one of the most anal when it comes to details. Thus, I choose to provide every woman a service that's long past due. I give you "Flushed Out" the guide to every potty that I encounter in said establishment. Your guide to just how secure to make that ass gasket.. and how high to hover.

Jethro's Upstairs Potty

Jethro's Upstairs Potty
4 out of 5 flushes